Proposed changes to Personal Progress courses at Sheffield College
In February 2018, Sheffield College contacted parents of students on Personal Progress courses advising them that these courses would be running over three longer days (9am to 4.15pm) instead of four days from September. This proposal and other issues were discussed at a meeting with parents on 26 April 2018.
At the meeting, the college agreed to:
- Contact parents of students on the affected courses (current and new students starting in September) to find out if three longer days or four shorter days would be better for their young person.
- Liaise with SEN Transport to understand how it would work if some students opted for shorter days.
- Aim to inform parents by the end of the summer term about the days on which their young person will be in college from September.
- Contact parents of students on Personal Progress courses to let them know that their young person will NOT be sent home early on 17 May because of the open evening.
- Work with Sheffield Parent Carer Forum to improve the flow of information from college to parents e.g. workshops for parents, information booklets, information on the Local Offer website etc.