Short breaks and respite consultation launched
Sheffield City Council has launched a consultaltion about proposed changes to short breaks and respite services.
The survey will run until 9th March 2018. It is for all parent carers of children/young people who currently use, have used, or plan to use short break and/or respite services in Sheffield.
The consultation is about the potential impact of the following proposals:
Changes to the Short Breaks Grant (one-off annual payment of up to £400 per family):
- Stopping eligibility for the Short Breaks Grant when a young person turns 18
- Making families choose between the grant and other short break or respite services
- Introducing family income as an eligibility criteria (means-testing)
Change to SNIPS (Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service) clubs:
- Asking parents of children and young people attending mainstream clubs to pay the cost of the club/activity
- Asking parents of children and young people attending targeted clubs (for children and young people with additional needs only) to pay a contribution of £7 toward the cost of the club/activity
Developing a facility for young people:
- Exploring the possibility of developing a facility in the city for 16-25 year olds offering both overnight stays and daytime support (enriching activities, education and training, and independent living skills)
For more information or help taking part, please email email@example.com or call 0114 273 5611.