How we represent parents
Our parent representatives attend dozens of strategic meetings every year. We are currently represented on the following groups and boards:
- Inclusion Improvement Board
- Meetings with Jayne Ludlam, Executive Director of People’s Services
- Inclusion Taskforce
- Local Offer Steering Group
- Feedback meetings with local authority and health officers
- EHCP QA Group
- Preparing for Adulthood Task and Finish Group
- Autism Team Parent Reference Group
- Autism Strategy Group
We don’t have the capacity to feed back from every single meeting we attend – but we do want to let you know how we have raised the issues you have reported to us, and what the response was.
Notes from key meetings held in recent months are available below:
Meetings with Tim Armstrong (Head of SEN) and Scarlett Milward (NHS commissioner)
These are monthly meetings where we discuss issues that parents have reported to us.
Meetings with ACT4SEN
ACT4SEN is a parent protest group on Facebook. We’ve arranged meetings between their representatives and council/NHS officers.
Termly feedback meetings
We have termly meetings with representatives from the council, SENDIAS and Core Assets to discuss issues that parents have raised. The council produces a “You said, we did” report after each meeting.