Health and wellbeing
Links and downloads
- The Child Disability Register (formerly known as INDEX): The Child Disability Register is register of children and young people, aged 0 to 19, who live in Sheffield and have a disability or life-altering medical condition. Registration is voluntary. All families on the register receive the “What’s Going On” newsletter and information about disability services in Sheffield. The register is used to plan for the future across all services for children and young people with disabilities in Sheffield.
- Tips for hospital appointments and ward stays: Our tips for parents of children with additional needs, published on the Sheffield Children’s Hospital website.
- The Let’s Talk Directory is a guide to emotional wellbeing and mental health services for children and young people in Sheffield. It lists almost 50 local and national organisations which can help with a wide range of issues, such as eating disorders, bullying, substance abuse, self-harm, relationship issues, and many more.
- Epic Friends is a website developed by Sheffield CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) with funding from the Children’s Hospital Charity. It is designed to help young people help their friends who they think may have mental health problems. Young people can also use the site to find out about difficulties they’re experiencing, and parents, teachers and others can use it for information and advice.
- The Sheffield Mental Health Guide is a one-stop-online-shop for mental health information in Sheffield. It has a searchable directory which covers children and adults.