Links and downloads
- 14-25 Transitions Guide (2017): Written by Sheffield Parent Carer Forum, this booklet gives parents an overview of the key events and dates in their son or daughter’s transition to adult services from Year 9 onwards.
- Post-16 learning and training opportunities (2017): This guide has been compiled by Sheffield City Council. It contains information about post-16 provision for students with special educational needs and disabilities in Sheffield.
- From Child to Adult (2014): Published by Working Families, this booklet has sections for parents and carers and for disabled young people, a step-by-step guide to better-off calculations and a list of useful publications, organisations and websites.
- Booklet: Into Higher Education (2017): A guide for disabled students thinking about studying in higher education, published by Disability Alliance.
- 16-19 Bursary Fund: Students aged 16-19 can apply for a Bursary Fund to help with the cost of books, equipment, transport and lunch. There are two types of bursaries: one is for students from low-income families (discretionary bursary), the other is for students who get specific benefits (vulnerable student bursary); this includes students in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance and DLA or PIP.
- Guide to Wills and Trusts (2014): Published by the National Autistic Society for family carers of people with autism, but relevant for anyone who cares for a person with a learning disability.