This FREE session will be delivered by SSENDIAS. It is aimed at parents of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) who are affected by – or at risk of – exclusion from school. The session will cover:
- the responsibilities of schools for children with SEND
- what the terms “fixed-term” and “permanent” exclusion mean
- what meetings to expect and when
- how you can appeal against an exclusion
- when an exclusion is not official
- what alternatives to exclusions schools can use
Places are limited and booking is essential. Please book via this link.