Sheffield City Council has launched a consultaltion about proposed changes to short breaks and respite services.
Click here to complete the online questionnaire
Click here to download an FAQ document
The survey will run until 9th March 2018. It is for all parent carers of children/young people who currently use, have used, or plan to use short break and/or respite services in Sheffield.
The consultation is about the potential impact of the following proposals:
Changes to the Short Breaks Grant (one-off annual payment of up to £400 per family):
- Stopping eligibility for the Short Breaks Grant when a young person turns 18
- Making families choose between the grant and other short break or respite services
- Introducing family income as an eligibility criteria (means-testing)
Change to SNIPS (Special Needs Inclusion Playcare Service) clubs:
- Asking parents of children and young people attending mainstream clubs to pay the cost of the club/activity
- Asking parents of children and young people attending targeted clubs (for children and young people with additional needs only) to pay a contribution of £7 toward the cost of the club/activity
Developing a facility for young people:
- Exploring the possibility of developing a facility in the city for 16-25 year olds offering both overnight stays and daytime support (enriching activities, education and training, and independent living skills)
For more information or help taking part, please email email@example.com or call 0114 273 5611.